To maintain normal body functions, hospitalized patients need adequate caloric intake to survive illness or operation. Adequate caloric intake is a requirement for wound healing. For patients who are not able to satisfy their food requirements orally, nutrition must be given intravenously.
Dextrose injection of concentrations ranging from 5%, 10%, 25% are used as instant source of energy.
- To provide adequate calories to the body
- When oral intake of food and water is limited
- In promotion of Sodium Excretion
- As a fluid and Nutrient Replenisher
- Hypertonic 25D is used in Jaundice
- Hypertonic 25D is used to provide energy in neoplastic disorders
Product Variants & Features
Each 100 ml contains:
Glucose eq. to Glucose
Anhydrous 25.0 g
Water for Injection I.P. - q.s
Crown protector cap :