Elemune is a clear, colourless injection of L-Alanyl L-Glutamine.
Glutamine peptides refer to certain dipeptides used in total parenteral nutrition (TPN) as delivery forms of L-glutamine. The term also refers to peptides containing L-glutamine, which are found in some nutritional supplements, particularly those marketed as sports and fitness products.
L-glutamine depletion is a typical feature of such metabolic stress conditions as trauma (including surgical trauma), infection, sepsis, cancer and severe burns. The metabolic response to these conditions is characterized by catabolism and negative nitrogen balance. Under these conditions, L-glutamine, which is normally manufactured by the body (mainly in skeletal muscles) in sufficient quantities to satisfy physiological demands, is required exogenously.
Under these conditions, L-glutamine becomes an essential amino acid and must be supplied to the body in order to prevent breakdown of muscle tissue, immune dysfunction and compromise of the gut mucosal barrier function with consequent bacterial translocation into the body.
- Like glutamine itself, the dipeptide forms added to TPN are credited with helping in the recovery of trauma, surgical and other critically ill patients.
- When oral/enteral route is not available. Like
- ICU patients
- High output fistulas
- Severe pancreatitis
- GI surgery
- Bowel obstruction
- Severe vomiting
- Severe burn
- Glutaminepeptide may have immunomodulatory, anticatabolic/anabolic, gut mucosal barrier-protective and antioxidant actions.
- Benefits of Elemune
- Elemune is most effective as an immune Enhancer
- Elemune helps improving the gut function
- Elemune is also beneficial in maintaining muscle mass reducing toxic effects associated with NSAIDS, retards aging and excess fat reduction
- Improves Nitrogen balance
- Lowers risk of Infection and shortens hospital stay
- L-glutamine becomes an essential amino acid and must be supplied to the body in order to prevent breakdown of muscle tissue, immune dysfunction and compromise of the gut mucosal barrier function with consequent bacterial translocation into the body.
Product Variants & Features
Each 100 ml contains
L-Alanyl – L- Glutamine 20 gm/100ml
|100 ml Glass bottle||
- Major fuel source for Immune cells and Enterocytes